Teaching & Learning
Teaching and learning team members strive to support our teachers and staff across all grade levels and content areas to design meaningful, challenging and engaging work for students that pushes them to seek improvement and achieve at higher levels. Whitfield County Schools is committed to using effective instructional practices that are non-negotiable in every classroom. Click to download these Non-Negotiable Classroom Practices.
Who is on the Teaching and Learning team?
Led by Deputy Superintendent Karey Williams, the teaching and learning team work as liaisons to provide clear communication for their colleagues in the schools and deliver regular opportunities for improvement to teachers throughout the school district.
- Elementary Curriculum Director – Lisa Jones
- Middle School Curriculum Director – Amy Smith
- High School Curriculum Director – Tom Appelman
- ESOL and Title lll Director – Richard Knox
- Exceptional Student Services Director – Ruthie Rule
Lead Teachers and Coordinators
- Early Intervention Program (EIP) – Abby Gabehart
- Visual Arts – TBA
- Band — TBA
- Gifted – Tiffany Beavers
- Health & P.E. – Lyn Douglas
- Media – Ge-Anne Bolhuis
- Counseling - Dr. Tracie Hogan
Instructional Technology Department
The WCS Instructional Technology Department's goal is to create educational experiences that are authentic and challenging for students. To meet that goal, students are given the opportunities to use various pieces of technology to enhance their learning experience. Instructional Technology personnel work to support the needs of elementary, middle and high school learners and teachers.