Department of Communications
The Communications Specialist, along with the superintendent, serves as the spokesperson for the school district.
The specialist is responsible for the development and maintenance of internal and external communications to ensure that employees of the school system and the general public stay informed about the actions of the Whitfield County Board of Education and initiatives undertaken by the school district. This includes:
- collaborating with the news media
- designing and maintaining the district website (this site!)
- supporting school webmasters who maintain school websites
- contributing to and monitoring the school district's social media accounts including Facebook and Twitter
- collecting success stories from our schools to share with the community
- designing and publishing digital billboards
- taking photographs to record student and staff achievement
- coordinating district Teacher & Paraprofessional of the Year application process
- managing open records requests for the school district
About Our Community
Whitfield County is home to four cities served in whole or in part by Whitfield County Schools. The four cities are:
Dalton Public Schools serves students of families who live inside the Dalton city limits.
Local media coverage comes from the Dalton Daily Citizen, the North Georgia Radio Group and WDNN Channel 10. Additional coverage from the Chattanooga media market includes:
We use Google Analytics to measure the usage and effectiveness of this website. You can find more information in the article “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps” on Google's website.