Department of Finance
The Department of Business and Finance Services manages spending and purchases, payroll, and maintains the school district's general fund budget and other accounts.
Click to download the Finance Department Contact Sheet
Our goal is to design an efficient budget that enables our staff to provide the highest quality of education possible for students while being wary stewards of taxpayer dollars. We hope you enjoy the following information and that it provides some insight about how we manage and invest the school district’s funds.
- Approximately 85 percent of our daily operating budget pays salaries and benefits, leaving approximately 15 percent to operate and maintain our schools.
- Funding for the general fund budget is typically split between approximately 65 percent state funding and approximately 35 percent local funding.
- School System Financial Reports published by the Georgia Department of Education provide information about how funds are allocated in Georgia's public school systems. Our average spending per pupil during 2022 was $11,605, or $914 less than the state average of $12,519 per pupil.
Award of Distinction
The Whitfield County Board of Education has been named a recipient of an Award of Distinction for Excellent Financial Reporting for fiscal years 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 by the Georgia Department of Audits and Accounts.
An award of distinction is presented to organizations that submit quality financial statements and supporting documentation in a timely manner, whose annual financial report is given an unmodified audit opinion and is free of any significant deficiencies or material weaknesses, and comply with all Transparency in Government requirements.
More information on this honor can be found at the Georgia Deparment of Audits website.
Chief Financial Officer
Accounts Payable Specialist