Family Engagement / Title I
For more information on any of the following topics, click on the pages listed in the menu to the left under Family Engagement / Title I.
- School-wide Title I Program--Title I is a federally funded program which addresses needs identified by the NCLB legislation. Varnell School is pleased to be a school-wide Title I school. Parent involvement is a very important part of the Title I program and we feel it is essential in ensuring that our students are successful in school. Title I regulations require that each school served under Title I jointly develop with and distribute to parents of participating children, a written parental involvement policy agreed on by the parents that describes the requirements outlined in Title I law. Varnell’s Parent Involvement/Engagement Policy was sent home in October along with the School-Parent Compact for Achievement. Copies will be located in the school office, our Parent Resource Center, and on our school web site. You are always welcome in our school.
- Parent Involvement Policy--This is a plan that describes how Title I schools will provide opportunities to improve parent engagement to support student learning. We value the contributions and involvement of parents to establish an equal partnership for the common goal of improving student achievement. This plan describes the different ways that Varnell Elementary will support parent engagement and outline how parents can help plan and participate in activities and events to promote student learning at school and at home.
- School Improvement Plan--The School Improvement Plan is more than a plan, it is a framework for change. The plan, itself, is simply a map that identifies the school’s destination and requires both decision-making and action from a variety of stakeholders to reach that destination in the most direct route.
- School-Parent Compact--A School-Parent Compact for Achievement is an agreement developed with parent input that outlines how the parents,the entire school staff, and the students will share the responsonsibility for improved student academic achievement at school. This compact also describes how the school and parents will build and develop a partnership to help children achieve at the state's high standards.
- Annual Progress Status--Our students have met the achievement standards set by the state guidelines. As a result, our school has not been identified as a Priority, Focus, or Alert school in need of improvement. For more information regarding the achievement standards and the ESEA Flexibility Waiver/College and Career Readiness Performance Index please go to the Georgia Department of Education link on our school website. On the GaDOE website, click on the Offices & Divisions tab, then Accountability (right column). Varnell’s CCRPI report is available on the DOE website at http://ccrpi.gadoe.org/2017/. The link is on our school web site and our Facebook page. The CCRPI is an accountability tool that is used to help schools measure their performance as they are working to prepare students for success in college and in their careers.
- CCRPI (College and Career Readiness Performance Index)--On the GaDOE website, click on the Offices & Divisions tab, then Accountability (right column). Varnell’s CCRPI report is available on the DOE website at http://ccrpi.gadoe.org/2017. The link is on our school web site and our Facebook page. The CCRPI is an accountability tool that is used to help schools measure their performance as they are working to prepare students for success in college and in their careers.
- Parent Resource Center--Our Parent Resource Center is available to Varnell parents to encourage parent-school partnerships and strengthen interaction between parents and children. We have several new books, toys, games, and videos that are available for checkout. If you don’t find something that meets your needs, all you have to do is ask and we will try to locate materials on your requested topic. The Parent Resource Center is located just inside our media center and you may see our media specialist, Mrs. Dawn Campbell, to assist you with checking out the materials. Located in our lobby are pamphlets on many topics that you are welcome to take.
- Other Family Engagement Information