What is the GA Milestones Test?
The Georgia Milestones Assessment System (Georgia Milestones) is a comprehensive summative assessment program spanning grades 3 through high school. Georgia Milestones measures how well students have learned the knowledge and skills outlined in the state-adopted content standards in English Language Arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. Students in grades 3 through 8 take an end-of-grade assessment in English Language Arts and mathematics while students in grades 5 and 8 are also assessed in science and social studies. High school students take an end-of-course assessment for each of the ten courses designated by the State Board of Education.
Features the Georgia Milestone Assessment System include:
- open-ended (constructed-response) items in English Language Arts and mathematics (all grades and courses);
- a writing component (in response to passages read by students) at every grade level and course within the English Language Arts assessment;
- norm-referenced items in all content areas and courses, to complement the criterion-referenced information and to provide a national comparison; and
- transition to online administration over time, with online administration considered the primary mode of administration and paper-pencil as back-up until the transition is complete.
This link is to a video explaining the GA Milestones Test.
Frequently Asked Questions about the GA Milestones Test
Eastbrook Middle School Testing Dates
- 4/16/19 - Reading Section 1
- 4/17/19 - ELA Section 2
- 4/18/19 - ELA Section 3
- 4/22/19 - Make Up Day
- 4/23/19 - Math Section 1
- 4/24/19 - Math Section 2
- 4/25/19 - Science (8th Grade Only)
- 4/26/19 - Soccial Studies (8th Grade Only)
- 4/29/19 - Make Up Day
- 4/30/19 - Make Up Day
- 5/2/19 - Algebra 1 EOC
- 5/14/19 - Physical Science EOC
- 5/15/19 - EOC Make Up Day
- 5/16/19 - EOC Make Up Day
Resources to help your child prepare to do their best on the test.
- Milestones Study/Resource Guide for Parents
- Experience Testing Online - Get familar with the testing platform