Office of Assessment
The purposes of the Georgia Student Assessment Program are to measure student achievement of the state mandated curriculum, to identify students failing to achieve mastery of content, to provide teachers with diagnostic information, and to assist school systems in identifying strengths and weaknesses in order to establish priorities in planning educational programs.
Student and Parent Resources
- Desmos - GaDOE is transitioning to the Desmos calculator for Georgia Milestones math assessments beginning with the Winter 2019 End-of-Course administration. The Desmos calculator will be integrated into the DRC online testing engine.
- Parent’s Guide to Promotion/Retention and Grade 3-8 Georgia Milestones End-of-Grade Assessments
- Una Gui´a para los padres sobre la Promocio´n/Retencio´n y sobre las Evaluaciones de Fin de Grado Georgia Milestones para los grados 3er al 8°
- Georgia Milestones EOC Study/Resource Guides
- Georgia Milestones EOG Study/Resource Guides
- Georgia Milestones Parent Question & Answer Brochure
- Parents’ Guide to New Tests in Georgia
- Lexile Framework for Reading
- Assessment Reporting Expectations for Reference
- Georgia Milestones Assessment System (End-of-Grade & End-of Course)
- Assessing Comprehension and Communication in English State to State for English Language Learners (ACCESS for ELLs 2.0)
- Alternate ACCESS for ELLs
- Georgia Alternate Assessment (GAA) 2.0
- Georgia Kindergarten Inventory of Developing Skills (GKIDS) 2.0
- Georgia Kindergarten Inventory of Developing Skills (GKIDS) Readiness Check
- National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
ACT, AP, PSAT & SAT
March 2016 was the beginning of the new SAT. The October 2016 PSAT reflected the redesign of the SAT.