Georgia Milestones End-of-Course (EOC)
The Georgia Milestones Assessment System (Georgia Milestones) is a comprehensive summative assessment program spanning grades 3 through high school. Georgia Milestones measures how well students have learned the knowledge and skills outlined in the state-adopted content standards in English Language Arts, mathematics, science, and social studies.
High school students take an end-of-course assessment for each of the eight courses designated by the State Board of Education. Students at the high school level will take an end-of-course assessment in the following eight courses:
- Language Arts
- Ninth Grade Literature and Composition
- American Literature and Composition
- Algebra I
- Physical Science
- Social Studies
- United States History
- Economics/Business/Free Enterprise
Middle school students who are enrolled in one or more of these courses are required to take the associated end-of-course (EOC) measure. If enrolled in a mathematics and/or science EOC course, these middle school students will not take the corresponding content area end-of-grade (EOG) measure. Each school district selects a local testing window, based on their local school calendar, from within the state-designated testing window.
For more information visit the Georgia Department of Education.
With the implementation of the Georgia Standards for Excellence (GSE) in science and social studies the End of Course (EOC) measures have been updated to align to the new content standards. We are pleased to announce that updated Georgia Milestones resources, aligned to the Georgia Standards of Excellence (GSE) for science and social studies, are now available on the GaDOE Assessment webpage.
These resources include the following:
- Test Blueprints have been updated for all grades and content areas/courses. The blueprints for science and social studies reflect the reporting categories, content weights, and number of items/points recommended by committees of Georgia educators for the new assessment. The blueprints for other content areas have been updated to include the approximate number of points for each reporting category.
- Assessment Guides are provided to acquaint Georgia educators and other stakeholders with the structure and content assessed on the End of Course (EOC) measures.
- Study Resource Guides serve as a resource for parents and students.
- Understanding the Georgia Milestones Achievement Levels - the four achievement levels on Georgia Milestones are Beginning Learner, Developing Learner, Proficient Learner, and Distinguished Learner.