1306 South Thornton Avenue
Dalton, GA 30720
Student Services & Enrollment
201 East Tyler Street
Dalton, GA 30721
1030 Hill Road
Dalton, GA 30720
ABOUT WHITFIELD COUNTY SCHOOLS
We know every student is different. They live in different parts of the county. Some have brothers and sisters and others don’t. Academic and financial support varies from one home to the next. The staff members of Whitfield County Schools want to learn from students, parents, and stakeholders in the community. We strive to respond to their needs and provide a safe and supportive environment to challenge students with meaningful work.
Our team of educators work together across grade levels, content areas, and among all of our 24 schools. We believe all of our employees are leaders and encourage them to learn from each other. This open dialogue helps each teacher design a portfolio of customized work that helps them teach students how they learn best.
We believe the best way to learn about our schools is to see them in action. We encourage you to visit any of our schools for a firsthand experience of the teaching and learning happening in Whitfield County Schools.
Then and now
When the Whitfield County School System was established in 1872, its primary purpose was to educate children when they were not needed on the family farm. A lot has changed since then! We are now the 29th largest of Georgia’s 180 public school districts. More than 13,000 students attend 24 schools that include:
- 13 elementary schools
- 5 middle schools
- 3 comprehensive high schools
- 1 charter high school career academy
- 1 special-purpose high school
- 1 alternative school
Whitfield County is home to four cities served in whole or in part by Whitfield County Schools. The four cities are:
- Tunnel Hill, and
Dalton Public Schools serves students of families who live inside the Dalton city limits.
We envision a valued and dynamic school district that prepares students for success in a global community.
Our mission is to maximize student learning by providing challenging and engaging educational experiences in a safe and supportive environment.
- We believe the needs of students, personnel, families, and the community are best met with a unified direction.
- We believe our purpose is to lead students to success by engaging them in challenging and meaningful work.
- We believe teachers are leaders who design learning experiences for students.
- We believe our personnel, families, and community members are vital to the education of our students.
- We believe in creating and maintaining a safe, inviting, and inclusive learning environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect.