The Communications Department is responsible for the development, maintenance and dissemination of internal and external communications to ensure stakeholders stay informed of the actions of the Whitfield County Board of Education and initiatives undertaken by the school district.
- Communicate the achievements of the district, schools, students, and staff to internal and external audiences using a variety of media to maximize awareness and support
- Positively influence public opinion and attitudes towards Whitfield County Schools and the One Whitfield brand to build understanding and support
- Educate internal and external audiences about the district's goals, priorities, accomplishments and challenges
- Maintain the district's dynamic web presence online and collaborate with school-based webmasters to ensure appropriate web presence for schools
- Enhance and sustain robust community partnerships and parent engagement
- Provide ongoing training and support for administrators and staff on effective communication and customer service
Guidelines for Members of the Media
We value our relationship with the media and believe in open communication that fosters understanding and collaboration. This page provides important information and guidelines for members of the media who wish to make inquiries or request access to our district.
Contact the Communications Department:
All media inquiries should be directed to Kristina Horsley, Director of Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 217-6724.
Guidelines for Media Behavior on School Property:
To ensure the safety and privacy of our students, staff and school environment, we kindly request that all members of the media adhere to the following guidelines when visiting our school campuses:
Prior Permission: Please note that media personnel are not permitted on school property without prior permission. We appreciate your cooperation in obtaining the necessary authorization before visiting our campuses for any media-related activities.
Check-In Process: Upon arrival at any of our school campuses, please check in at the front desk immediately. This will help us ensure that you have proper authorization, and helps us to ensure the safety of all of our students and staff.
Respecting Privacy: As outlined by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), some students may not be photographed, filmed, or interviewed without the consent of their parents or legal guardians. We request that you respect these privacy considerations and obtain proper permissions when necessary.
Website Usage Guidelines
We encourage everyone to be a part of the community conversation on the websites and social media pages associated with Whitfield County Schools.
Our family of websites provide a network to share our students' work with the community and to engage in an ongoing conversation focused on their education. Those who choose to participate should remember to be thoughtful about their comments and show respect to fellow guests online.
We value your opinion and want to learn from the conversation whether we agree or disagree; however, we will not tolerate profanity or personal attacks. Inappropriate and off-topic content will be removed and may be reported.
Students will be held accountable for their comments and held to the same standards expected in our schools and outlined in the Student Code of Conduct. Slanderous or defamatory statements may lead to civil litigation and liability.