Georgia Milestones End-of-Grade (EOG)
The Georgia Milestones Assessment System (Georgia Milestones) is a comprehensive summative assessment program spanning grades 3 through high school. Georgia Milestones measures how well students have learned the knowledge and skills outlined in the state-adopted content standards in English Language Arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. Students in grades 3 through 8 take an end-of-grade assessment in English Language Arts and mathematics while students in grades 5 and 8 are also assessed in science and social studies.
Features the Georgia Milestone Assessment System include:
- open-ended (constructed-response) items in language arts and mathematics (all grades and courses);
- a writing component (in response to passages read by students) at every grade level and course within the language arts assessment;
- norm-referenced items in all content areas and courses, to complement the criterion-referenced information and to provide a national comparison; and
- transition to online administration over time, with online administration considered the primary mode of administration and paper-pencil as back-up until the transition is complete.
For more information visit the Georgia Department of Education.
With the implementation of the Georgia Standards for Excellence (GSE) in science and social studies this school year (2017-2018), the Georgia Milestones End of Grade (EOG) measures have been updated to align to the new content standards. We are pleased to announce that updated Georgia Milestones resources, aligned to the Georgia Standards of Excellence (GSE) for science and social studies, are now available on the GaDOE Assessment webpage.
These resources include the following:
- Test Blueprints have been updated for all grades and content areas/courses. The blueprints for science and social studies reflect the reporting categories, content weights, and number of items/points recommended by committees of Georgia educators for the new assessment. The blueprints for other content areas have been updated to include the approximate number of points for each reporting category.
- Assessment Guides have been updated for Grade 5.
- Study/Resource Guides have been updated for Grade 5.