The Whitfield County School System's Vision, Mission, and Beliefs were developed in 2005 by the System Design Team comprised of a variety of certified and classified staff. This team led the implementation of the teaching and learning framework and established the system's focus and direction. The team solicited stakeholder input throughout the process of generating the vision and goals. Initially, the superintendent presented a draft to school personnel requesting their feedback. School board members and school councils also collaborated in this process.
Mission, Vision, & Beliefs
We envision a valued and dynamic school district that prepares students for success in a global community.
Our mission is to maximize student learning by providing challenging and engaging educational experiences in a safe and supportive environment.
- We believe the needs of students, personnel, families, and the community are best met with a unified direction.
- We believe our purpose is to lead students to success by engaging them in challenging and meaningful work.
- We believe teachers are leaders who design learning experiences for students.
- We believe our personnel, families, and community members are vital to the education of our students.
- We believe in creating and maintaining a safe, inviting, and inclusive learning environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect.