Office of Accountability
The Whitfield County School System was recommended for accreditation following a November 2013 visit by a 6-member External Review Team working on behalf of AdvancED (formerly known as the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement, or SACS-CASI). More information is available at advanc-ed.org. Visiting review team members include:
- Mr. Michael Bugenski - AdvancED Lead Evaluator (Beverly Hills, Mich.)
- Anthony Pack - Superintendent, Monroe County Schools (Forsyth, Ga.)
- Kelly Wilson - Director of Federal Programs, Trion City Schools (Trion, Ga.)
- Dr. Jackie Hayes - Richmond County Schools (Augusta, Ga.)
- Rhonda Vickers - Teacher, Lee County Schools (Ft. Myers, Ga.)
- Mrs. Mardi Montgomery - Director of Next-Generation; Pulaski County Schools (Somerset, Ky.)
The Executive Summary and complete External Review Full Report are provided here as well as three presentations delivered during the team’s 2013 visit: the Superintendent’s Overview, the Standards Overview and the AdvancED External Review Team's Exit Presentation.
Back in 2008…
The Whitfield County School System earned district accreditation in 2008 following a Quality Assurance Review team’s visit on behalf of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS-CASI). More information about SACS-CASI is available at advanc-ed.org. Visiting review team members included:
- Chair Dr. Emma Bass - State Director, Arkansas NCA CASI AdvancED, Ark.
- Vice Chair Dr. Tom Higgins - Retired Principal, Cobb County Schools, Ga.
- Dr. John Barge - Director of Secondary Curriculum, Bartow County Schools, Cartersville, Ga.
- Gerald Boyd - School Improvement Specialist, Hall County Schools, Ga.
- Charles Dailey - Director of Transportation, Lee County Schools, Cape Coral, Fla.
- Traci Dami - Director of Federal Programs, Collier County Schools, Naples, Fla.
- Diane Kornegay - Director of School Improvement, Professional Development, & Assessment, Clay County School District, Green Cove Springs. Fla.
- Dr. Lisa Landrum - Principal, Coosa Middle School, Rome, Ga.
- Rita B. McDonald - 4th Grade Teacher, Elkton Elementary School, Elkton, Tenn.
- Dr. JoAnn Moss - Principal, Elm Street Elementary, Rome, Ga.
The Executive Summary and complete Standards Assessment Report are provided here as well as three presentations delivered during the team's 2008 visit: the Superintendent’s Overview, the Standards Overview and the Whitfield County School District Oral Exit Report of the Quality Assurance Review Team for District Accreditation.