Office of Accountability
The Whitfield County School System has been recommended to the AdvancED Global Commission of earning the distinction of accreditation for a five-year term (Pending final review in January 2019). AdvancED will review the results of the Engagement Review to make a final determination, including the appropriate next steps. November 4-7, 2018 the 6-member Engagement Review Team, comprised of professional with varied backgrounds and professional experiences, included:
- Mr. Bill Craig - AdvancED Lead Evaluator - Contractor with the Virginia Department of Education Office of School Improvement and on-site supervisor for Liberty University student teachers
- Mrs. Christian Brock - Assistant Principal for Trion Elementary School, Trion Georgia
- Mrs. Denise Finley - K-8 Curriculum/Learning Support Specialist and MTSS/RTI coordinator for Lamar County Schools, Barnesville, Georgia
- Dr. Gail Greenway - Federal Programs Director for Emanual County Schools, Swainsboro, Georgia
- Dr. Merlina McCullough - Retired K-12 Literacy Specialist from the Arkansas Department of Education
- Mrs. Ceceilia Wiar - Retired Michigan administrator
The final reports are pending final review in January 2019 and will be published once approved.
Back in 2013…
The Whitfield County School System was recommended for accreditation following a November 2013 visit by a 6-member External Review Team working on behalf of AdvancED (formerly known as the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement, or SACS-CASI). More information is available at advanc-ed.org. Visiting review team members include:
- Mr. Michael Bugenski - AdvancED Lead Evaluator (Beverly Hills, Mich.)
- Anthony Pack - Superintendent, Monroe County Schools (Forsyth, Ga.)
- Kelly Wilson - Director of Federal Programs, Trion City Schools (Trion, Ga.)
- Dr. Jackie Hayes - Richmond County Schools (Augusta, Ga.)
- Rhonda Vickers - Teacher, Lee County Schools (Ft. Myers, Ga.)
- Mrs. Mardi Montgomery - Director of Next-Generation; Pulaski County Schools (Somerset, Ky.)
The Executive Summary and complete External Review Full Report are provided here as well as three presentations delivered during the team’s 2013 visit: the Superintendent’s Overview, the Standards Overview and the AdvancED External Review Team's Exit Presentation.
Back in 2008…
The Whitfield County School System earned district accreditation in 2008 following a Quality Assurance Review team’s visit on behalf of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS-CASI). More information about SACS-CASI is available at advanc-ed.org. Visiting review team members included:
- Chair Dr. Emma Bass - State Director, Arkansas NCA CASI AdvancED, Ark.
- Vice Chair Dr. Tom Higgins - Retired Principal, Cobb County Schools, Ga.
- Dr. John Barge - Director of Secondary Curriculum, Bartow County Schools, Cartersville, Ga.
- Gerald Boyd - School Improvement Specialist, Hall County Schools, Ga.
- Charles Dailey - Director of Transportation, Lee County Schools, Cape Coral, Fla.
- Traci Dami - Director of Federal Programs, Collier County Schools, Naples, Fla.
- Diane Kornegay - Director of School Improvement, Professional Development, & Assessment, Clay County School District, Green Cove Springs. Fla.
- Dr. Lisa Landrum - Principal, Coosa Middle School, Rome, Ga.
- Rita B. McDonald - 4th Grade Teacher, Elkton Elementary School, Elkton, Tenn.
- Dr. JoAnn Moss - Principal, Elm Street Elementary, Rome, Ga.
The Executive Summary and complete Standards Assessment Report are provided here as well as three presentations delivered during the team's 2008 visit: the Superintendent’s Overview, the Standards Overview and the Whitfield County School District Oral Exit Report of the Quality Assurance Review Team for District Accreditation.