Release of Directory Information
The Board of Education follows the guidance of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) to designate the following information as “directory information.” Unless a parent or eligible student makes a timely request to the principal of the school where the student is enrolled that such information not be designated directory information on the individual student, such information will not be considered confidential and may be disclosed upon request:
- Student’s name, address and telephone number
- Student’s date and place of birth
- Student’s email address
- Student’s participation in official school clubs and sports
- Weight and height of student if he/she is a member of an athletic team
- Dates of attendance at schools within the school district
- Honors and awards received during the time enrolled in the district’s schools
- Grade level
Parents are further notified that students may be photographed, videotaped, or interviewed by the news media or school system personnel at school or some school activity or event. Parents wishing that the above information be denied release must notify the school principal in writing within 30 days of the first day of a school year or the date of enrollment.
This is a notice to parents/guardians and eligible students of rights under family educational rights and privacy act (FERPA) and protection of pupil rights amendment (PPRA). FERPA affords parents and eligible students (over 18 years of age or attending a postsecondary institution) certain rights with respect to the student’s education records.
Please review the district policy provided below along with a form to clearly communicate your concerns to us.