Traffic instructions for first few weeks of school
Dear Pioneer Community,
As we approach the start of the 2021-2022 school year, I wanted to provide you with some important information regarding traffic for car riders and buses to start the school year. As most of you know, we will eventually have a traffic signal across from Maple Grove Road. In the future, that will be the primary travel route for vehicles entering and exiting our campus. Unfortunately, the installation of the traffic signal and road construction of that area will not be complete when we start school. Therefore, ALL vehicles will be entering and exiting our campus through Edwards Park.
Recently, I met with our system leaders, The Whitfield County Recreation department, and The Whitfield County Sheriff’s Office to design travel routes that are as safe and efficient as possible while we await the traffic signal. As always, we value your time, and we will do everything possible to ensure everyone’s safety during this transition. We will have numerous staff members on campus directing traffic. In addition, we will have law enforcement officers on Cleveland Highway directing traffic in the mornings and afternoons to start the school year.
Here is how you can help:
- Arrive Early - We typically see a rush of traffic between 7:35 a.m. and 7:55 p.m. Our doors open for students at 7:00 a.m.
- Follow instructions - We have designed the pattern intentionally, but it requires that vehicles follow the instructions of staff and law enforcement who are directing traffic.
- Be flexible - After the first couple days of school, we are going to meet to discuss ways that we can improve traffic flow. Just know that if we see something that can be corrected, we may decide to change things.
- Refer to the map below to familiarize yourself with how traffic will flow prior to your arrival. This will help things run smoothly.
Thank you in advance for your understanding. If there is anything we can ever do to help, please let us know!
Car rider drop off and pick up traffic:
- All cars will enter and exit through the Edwards Park entrance from Cleveland Highway.
- Upon entering Edwards Park, cars will turn right onto Trailblazer Lane. This is the road in front of our school.
- Travel past the front parking lot/entrance of our school and turn left when past the NWMS digital sign (this is Carr Circle).
- Travel around the loop behind the school, while staying to the right, until you reach the awning on the back side of our school. This is where you will drop off and/or pick up your child.
- Travel back toward the front of the school and turn right onto Trailblazer Lane when you pass the digital sign again.
- When you reach the stop sign, you will turn left and exit Edwards Park onto Cleveland Highway.
Visitors who need to come in:
- When you turn onto Trailblazer Lane, the entrance to our front parking lot will be on your left.
- The first access to this area is a DO NOT ENTER one way exit.
- The second access to this area is where you need to turn.
- The third access to this area is for buses/deliveries only.
- Please find any available parking space and come to the front office from there.
- This will also be the parking area during the day for anyone wishing to check out your child, attend a meeting, etc. No cars will be allowed to park in the bus loading area, even during the middle of the day.